You can use any modem that is compatibile with Windstream's service. Windstream does not provide a list of compatibile modems. You will have to surf for model numbers that customers have gotten to work.
Your modem will have to do the following. Most modems will.
- VPI (Virtual Path Identifier): 0 (zero)
- VCI (Virtual Circuit Identifier): 35
- Protocol: Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE)
- Note: This may also be called Point-to-Point Protocol over ATM over Ethernet (PPPoAoE)
- Not to be confused with Point-to-Point Protocol over ATM (PPPoA)
- Layer 2 Encapsulation: Logical Link Control (LLC)
- Authentication Type: Password Authentication Protocol (PAP)